Creating Content simply takes time and thought, and it is generally very inexpensive to create and distribute, which is why it can be used in any business – no matter how big or small!
Why is Content so important?
A few years back, Content Marketing was referred to as Drip Marketing – a great description as building Content needs to be seen as a gradual and gentle process.
It’s the opportunity to stay in front of your customers and help build your connection…
And by using content that useful, relevant and entertaining, it allows you to stay in touch without being too ‘salesy’ and annoying.
It’s simply providing them with valuable information and another open channel to contact you as they please.
Great tips to get your Marketing Content started –
- Remember to provide useful content that helps your reader achieve something
- Provide information to help understand how to use your product better or get more use
- Bring a story to life – get them excited – let them come on a journey with you
- Remember this is a gradual process and you need to build up to the main event!
- Simply get started! Invest some time to set up and commit to it
- If stuck for content – ask your customers! Simply find their problems and a solution.
Content now comes in many forms – gone are the days when your blog was the only channel to communicate with your audience!
Here are a few channels to distribute your Content –
- Email Newsletters
- Social Media
- Landing pages
(We’ll go into more detail on these in our upcoming blogs!)
Remember that your content is valuable and people want to hear from you as the expert, but they will switch off if your content is run of the mill and hasn’t been well thought out or written with care.
Content marketing is all about giving real value to your customers which, in turn, provides you with a stronger connection and relationship, and improved customer loyalty for the future.